Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Visit To Slate Run Historical Farm

This was a great living farm to visit. Well equipped with all types of farm life.
I'm so happy that my kids aren't afraid to be around animals. They love being able to pet animals.
Oh what I wouldn't give for a tree swing in our yard. Apparently they only come with farm houses dating back to the late 1800's and big oak trees from the same era.

They loved swinging with Jason (I think he liked it more than they did).

We got to pump water from a well and fill the barrell up with it. Once it was filled, they took it to their garden and would use a tin cup to pour over the vegetable plants.

The people who work on the farm are all volunteers and even dress in that time periods clothing. They only use what was available then, so no motorized tractors.

Oh I only hope that this stage in their lives will last a while longer, I love when they hold hands.

Kudos to Jason, I think this is a beautiful picture. He loves taking nature shots.

These are other great pictures that he took while visiting the farm.

What a cute little frog. Jason tried really hard to convince me to let him bring home a couple of tadpoles for the kids because of the "educational" value of it, but I told him wasn't ready for one. Maybe next year.









No comments: