
I love sunsets over water, I think that there is something spectacular about them. I miss Great Salt Lake sunsets.

This is overlooking Salt Lake City. The kids loved their first hike with us. I am grateful to have my own family to do this with now.

We started our hike from a couple of blocks north of the state capitol.

I haven't been on a hike in years and so I decided it was a good idea to get perspective of how far up the climb was. I remember in general conference hearing a talk about the relief society president receiving her calling and the first thing she did was hiked up Ensign Peak. Ever since hearing that, I decided that the next time I got to Salt Lake I would make the hike with my family. My roommates and I used to hike it together, too. What great memories!

At least I can see the mountains in pictures. When I lived here growing up I always took advantage of the majesticness of the mountains. I loved going to them and getting out of the city for short adventures or camping or fishing with Jason.
3 comments:
I miss hiking too. What ever happened to Kaysen's finger?
Fun photos and looks like a great trip! It has been so long: I am glad your family is doing well.
Oh how fun-- I do so miss those awe inspiring mountains.
Post a Comment